Tuesday, September 9, 2008

HERE WE GO DRAWING LINES IN THE SAND AGAIN!

You need a license to drive a car, hunt, practice law or medicine. I just don't get what folks think others will think of them when they spout 1/2 truths and downright lies. Again today in the Crookston Times guestbook someone is trying for their 15 minutes (seconds?) of fame. They identify themselves as Lost, which as it appears seems to be pretty accurate! Here's what they had to say...

Not sure what all the praise about the Ilovecrookston.com web site is about. First off the owner and operator of the web site doesn't even live in crookston. This person thinks the town is so great but doesn't live in it, doesn't pay taxes in it, doesn't vote on who runs the town? Lets be real here people, this town has its pros and cons, this city should be rated an 8 on a scale 1-100 and 100 being the best. If we did not have high speed Internet we would be in big trouble...

Lost ( redhot@yahoo.com )
Tuesday, Sep 09, 2008 (03:09:05 am CDT)


Dear Lost, Sorry but your comments are not true. I do own property in Crookston, I have paid property taxes in Crookston for over 30 years. And I spend a significant amount of my personal income and my business income in Crookston, and I have employed (since 1994) as many as nine people at a time most all of who live in Crookston. (In the 80's I employed as many as 20 people at a time) OH and I've been a life time church member in Crookston, and belonged to different service organizations over the years in Crookston, but you are right about something, I don't get a change to vote for the candidates who I think could best serve Crookston, so it seems like I get all the pain and none of the satisfaction. So what's your point? If you think I should take my business elsewere would that up your rating of Crookston to a 9 or a 10 out of a 100? Perhaps you can fill in my missing tax dollars. For all it's imperfections, I Love my hometown and I think it's worth working to make it better. I'm sorry you don't feel the same.

And just to clarify one more time, I make no claim that things in our town are perfect, but just as we love our imperfect children, I think it's important that we love our town. Instead of spreading false information, why don't we work together to make this an even better day.

No comments: