Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY!!

So whoever has http://crookstonx.com has created a site where folks can go and post nasty remarks and then smugly sit back and wait for the responses. Well how wonderful! Again they're HIDING behind the shield that they perceive to be "the Internet" but don't realize how fragile and full of holes that shield is. So let's take a look at someone who calls themselves, "I'm Not John Reitmeier" claims.

So Here it is...in pieces with my answers.


Re: IloveCrookston.com
by I'm Not John Reitmeier on Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:36 am

John Reitmeier, author of http://reitmeier.blogspot.com and creator of I Love Crookston and I Hate Crookston, and also the sole individual who permits or censors comments on all three sites, seems to be very opinionated.


Yes I am opinionated! Thank you for noticing. It's training I got all the way back to Washington School in Crookston, and then continued right up to today! I think it's great that folks have strong opinions about everything and it's a shame that more people don't voice their opinions. I don't think you'll find anything in my blog or any other things I've written or said to the contrary. If you do find something I assure you it was written in haste, something that I and most everyone else seem to experience now and then. The fact that you somehow think that I "permits or censors" comments on my websites is correct. Get your own website and you can do the same! You seem to think that someone who OWNS something shouldn't be able to control it. Can I paint my feeling on the side of your house? Probably not, yet you think you should be able to do the digital equivalent on my web/house.

Skip over to yet another web page he’s created, http://johnreitmeier.com/ and you’ll find Mr. Reitmeier proudly characterized as a “Storyteller” and as “the REAL DEAL!” a “attraction in himself!” In reading through John’s personal blog, at
http://reitmeier.blogspot.com it doesn’t take long before you realize that he prides himself on hunting down, a.k.a. investigating everyone who posts on the Crookston Daily Times Guestbook.


WOW it's pretty obvious you didn't read it very carefully. You'll see that those are quotes from some pretty significant sources. To give you a little background, I've been in the media, mostly as a radio announcer, interviewer, and commentator, (even a news director at a Las Vegas station) for over 3 decades. In Grand Forks I'm still working at the VERY same station that I first was employed at (KNOX 1310 8:35 each weekday morning) AND working with the VERY FIRST morning man (Jim Bollman) that I every worked with. It seems that there are some who at least put up with my opinions and comments. As opposed to you who thinks you're hiding. I make my living, get free travel, hotels, guides, food, and other luxuries AROUND the world, I get invited on media trips to places like Israel and Palestine and Turkey, big game hunts, international fishing trips, and opening season bird hunts by brushing shoulders with people who value my reporting skills, and pretty much think I'm a nice guy and someone of value to promote their cause. Now you're dissing me because I use my best marketing skills to cultivate those relationships?

His methods include contacting sites such as networksolutions.com to see if he can track the email directly to the owner, and if that doesn’t work, he gets on the phone and starts calling seeking further information on the person posting the Crookston Daily Times Guestbook. Astute or creepy? Apparently one either behaves themself on the CDT Guestbook or watch out! John may get, or shall we say, out you!

MY METHODS? MY METHODS? WOW that's beyond laughable. I was trying to show the typical internet user who might not be exposed to how full of holes the internet is, just how easy it is to do some research. As far as contacting networksolutions, I talk to them EVERY DAY about business as we have over 200 client websites hosted with them, and several ecommerce sites, but I didn't contact them about this, ALL I did was go to http://networksolutions.com and click on the WHOIS button and put in a domain name and clicked SUBMIT. It's really easy, you should try it yourself. You can find out a LOT about a web site, OR an email address. By the way, the person who claimed to be Jan Chrom and their email are booth SPOOFED.

It's free and open to ANYONE. So I would hardly call that subversive. As to the particular entry in the Crookston Times Guestbook that I was making the example about, you'll see that the person said some nice things about me and I was looking for them to thank them. See that's what we do in a civil society. You should try it sometime it gives you a good feeling in that place in your chest where your heart lies! AS for "behaving yourself on the CDTGB," I can't imagine why you think I'm somehow policing the place. I'm sure the editorial staff at the Times would heartily disagree with you! There have been thousands of posts there and I've only responded to the ones that either make reference to me, my websites or are (in my opinion) unfairly attaching the good name of our town. I think that's an open option for me to do, if not, please show me where the Times is asking us not to do that.


You might even expect a phone call from him, if he can find you.
What might you think is really going on here? Think about it. What is it John Reitmeier is really trying to achieve? I would say his goal is to, single handily, shut down the CDT Guestbook. How so? Well if you use your real email address and real name, John will be in contact with you (no kidding). And if you don’t, and you post anonymously, both the editor of the Times and Reitmeier, Lori Wagner (her opinion counts too) and their supportive group, have all said you’re a coward.


SEE now you're doing the old political thing, trying to drag more people into the issue than is either relevant or accurate. Now you've even included Mike (Times Editor) in the mix. By the way were you missing the day in grammar school when we learned that 4 items don't count as "both?" I can only speak for me, and I stand on what I have said. Hiding behind the internet and shouting out things as are said there is bordering on immoral. As to what the others have said, you'll have to take that up with them. I don't think, have never though, nor have I ever suggested that the Guestbook should be taken down. Your paranoia runs deep grasshopper!

However just read through the of http://reitmeier.blogspot.com and do you come away feeling John Reitmeier is a nurturer, a uplifting positive in his soul type, or does he seem denigrating, or as if he belittles others? You decide.

WOW thanks for the compliment! If you can't see the humor in what I post, and if you can't see the fun in the wordology that I use, then go for the criticism if it makes you happy! Cause that's my goal, I want to live in a happy world. If I have to get my shoes a little dirty to head towards that goal then I think it's worth it. Why do you just want to muck about all the time. There really is sunshine and warmth all around, open your heart and your mind to it!

Oh, and ask yourself why so many posted on CDT guestbook that http://www.crookstonx.com/ should be avoided. Why? So there be no forum where uncensored comments might be posted in Crookston or that centrists views not be heard.


Gee, now you'r claiming that you're a centrist? With words like you use? Why don't you identify yourself so we can have a legitimate back and forth discussion about the pros and cons of living here? That is your beef right? That you don't think this is a very good place to live and you're upset when others disagree with you? But if we had an actual meeting, a live in the flesh forum, would you come? Would you speak your mind? Or do you want to keep hiding in the shadows and slinging mud when good hearted, well meaning people try to uplift and make this an even better place? My name is John Reitmeier and I'm proud of the city that I live in and I'm not going to be silent about it anymore!

No comments: